Today I wanted to share with you guys an all new game that is currently available to back on Kickstarter. The game is Cover Me by Jumping Turtle Games. This is a game in which every player is the chief editor of a trendy magazine. The players try to influence the upcoming fashion trends with the models they put on the cover of their magazines. Every player has a portfolio of cover models at his disposal from which he’s able to choose one to put on that month’s cover. Every season the cover models are compared to the current trends. For each magazine the most trendy cover model is chosen, which will receive a spot in the season special. If the model represents all three fashion trends (the model is completely trendy) or none at all (alternative model) she will raise the magazine’s prestige. Each year models with a new color will be available, which can raise the magazine’s prestige even more in the future. The game is played over 3 years or 12 seasons (rounds). The chief editor who was able to raise the most prestige at the end of the game is the winner.
The game will contain:
• 162 cover model cards*, each card has a unique combination of the following fashion traits:
• Hair color: blonde, red/brown, dark
• Hair length: short, semi-long, long
• Background pattern (fall-winter color): squared (red), diamond (brown), striped (blue)
• Clothes color (spring-summer color): yellow, blue, red, green, black, white
• 1 catwalk with fashion track
• 1 double mirror with fashion tracks, season track and year counter
• 10 player cards (2 for each of the 5 players)
• 15 fashion markers
• 10 standees
• 2 markers for the season track and the year counter.
• 1 starting player marker
Currently it’s near the halfway mark of it’s close to $9000 goal. With only 11 days left in the campaign, the publishers really need your help to make the game a reality.
For more information about the game and to back it, check out the Kickstarter link below.